Thursday, November 25, 2010

The day of thanks...

Since this is the day of Thanksgiving, I will proceed with being cheesy and name all the things I am thankful for. There are probably too many to name but isn't that what is great about this day? On a side note: I am super excited about my 'day of thanks' plans which thankfully include no turkey, dressing, stuffing, cranberries, beets, sweet potato anything, or casserole of any sort. Don't get me wrong, I am a southern girl at heart and would dig into anything in a casserole dish, but I don't particularly even like turkey so it is just a wasted meat on me on days like this. Mom is coming up to Atlanta and we are having dinner at our house. Andrew drove home from Indiana last night and he will be spending the day with us as well which is great. So we are having a dinner full of sides tonight (sans turkey), and a yummy dinner at that. The only 3 things I am sure of is brussel sprouts, kale, and cobbler. Even if that is all we have then I will be one happy thankful camper. Anyways, that was a long side note, so on to my list of things that I am thankful for...

-well I'll go obvious on the first one and say for JC and pretty much everything that has come into my life because of that awesome man...I could stop there but I won't.

-my puppy, who makes me so happy and I could just name all sorts of things that she does that I am thankful for, but mostly because she carries her bowl around and is precious.

-the house I live in

-the car I drive

-my hunter rain boots that make rainy days not depressing

-the sunshine

-leaves changing in the fall

-my sister

-my brothers

-my best

-my small group

-friends from school

-being in school

-my therapist

-former and current COL volunteers and their blogs

-my parents; actually my entire family (aunts,uncles,cousins etc.)

-music and it's ever present effect on my life

-how comfy my bed is

-my toms

-Selemani

-health

-hard times

-all my friends...past, present, future

-being born in America

-most of all, for life

Ok so I think that about covers it...if I think of other things then I will include those during the day. I have come to the conclusion that I have lots and lots to be thankful for and that I need to give thanks always.

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment