Saturday, April 23, 2011

Resurrection day




Even though they are the same day...Easter and Resurrection day mean different things to me. Easter is the bunny, eggs, and candy...while Resurrection day is just that. Jesus arose. from the tomb. Ahhh! It's just too much. No words I could say would even be enough, it's just beyond everything imaginable! I was thinking about it on my run yesterday and how I wanted to write a blog, but that I just didn't even know what to say. It's too good, too everything! So not having much to say...I will just add a few snippets of things I've read in the last few days.

*But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

*As a historian, I cannot explain the rise of early Christianity unless Jesus rose again, leaving an empty tomb behind him. NT Wright

*It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God. Romans 14:11

"...it's not all clean and pretty and neat. It's really about drunks and liars and thieves and all of us in the same house, looking out the windows into oblivion, and the only hope we've got in the world is Jesus Christ.

Maybe you're no liar or thief or drunkard, but maybe you've got broken down places in your heart or somebody's blood on your hands, and that's exactly what Easter is about. It's about Jesus Christ who was no liar and no thief, and He got what WE deserved, so we could be free. The same power of God that brought you Easter Sunday and Resurrections can bring you out of your own specific grave, whatever grave you may be in."

Because other people have said it better than I could, and because there are really no words that are enough.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! He has redeemed us!

    Christ has died.
    Christ had risen!
    Christ will come again!

    Love you sister!

    Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete