Friday, January 7, 2011

It's easy to forget the way we met

So, on a followup to yesterdays post on patience, my lack of it, and my need for it. I was provided with a golden opportunity to show it yesterday. The details of the story aren't that relevant except that it has to do with children, so patience and kids usually go hand in hand. I took some action to handle a situation that I thought was unacceptable, that's it! Anyways...it just figures that besides the babysitting, yesterday was a WONDERFUL day! I got to sleep in, which is a gift in itself, but then I went to lunch with K from small group. She had never been down to highland bakery (love love love) so it was a must. We sat there and talked for quite some time about current life, past life, the 8th graders, boys, school, missions...just a lot of things. It was really nice to be able to get one on one time because sometimes small group is just a wanting to see everyone and talk about everything sort of night so it is harder to talk about things that are really going on. As soon as I got home, I was met by the Fedex man who gave me my passport with my pretty Indian visa in there! They said it would take 3 weeks, and it took 7 days! That was really the only thing that could stand in the way of me going! So it is pretty official now, and I am beside myself about it. I'm so ready!! So fast forward through the babysitting/patience exercise and off to Vespers I go. Besides the fact that I love it anyway, it was exactly what I needed to be able to just sit in a quiet space and sing (songs that I love) and obviously I relish any chance to take communion. All such good things. So I got home and was having trouble going to sleep and I was listening to my pandora and I was just talking to God and something wasn't settling. Just a sidenote of background, I used to always have dreams when I was looking for answers to things, or needed guidance about stuff and it usually got to the point that I was having such active dreams that when I woke up I was tense and felt like I hadn't really gotten sleep. Well...last night was one of those nights, I don't think the dreams actually had that much meaning, but the presence of them did. I woke up very tense and kind of jumpy...who knows why? I don't even need to worry about the answers though because I know it will be revealed in due time. Always is. It is not time for action yet, that will likely come on Monday!

2 more days until school starts back...I've had 4 weeks off and it has been lovely! I am excited though about getting back for 2 reasons. One being that I miss seeing some faces (ELW)! Second is that I do enjoy learning. Having 9 months off between undergrad and grad school was enough time for me to see that I need to be challenged and especially by a subject that I LOVE so much. Of course, someone can remind me of that in about a month and a half when I am stressed beyond belief of things that I have to do/get done. Such is life...it is time to prove myself again. I have Africa to thank for teaching me that I can do much more than I ever imagined, and 1st semester of grad school to test that theory. Here's to getting another semester under my belt! And...here's to an image forever engrained that makes my heart happy

No comments:

Post a Comment