Thursday, January 6, 2011

worship, waiting, & work

So I was talking to Ashley yesterday (from COL). On a side note about that, we bbm during the day, which is so much better and easier to talk to her than having to write facebook messages back and forth. But she has been such a blessing to me, probably without even knowing it. I've never met her in person before, only ever talked to her over the internet, but the connection of COL is a strong one. We've talked a lot about Africa and about our lives in our perspective homes (hers being Washington state) and our strong desire to be back in Africa. Anyway...I digress, she told me a quote that she read and I really liked it, so I figured I would share. "Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them..." It made me think that I used to be so much more patient, and I miss that. It's like I think I am so important and need answers to things that are SO pressing in my life. With many things on the horizon and not too much of an idea where these things will go, I must work on my patience! It's really imperative, cause otherwise I could just get all wrapped up in worrying about things...and that I know is a waste of time. That's really all I had to say about that, since I think writing a ton about it would also be a waste of time :)

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with patience too! Why? I know and believe God's hand is in everything I do and where I will go...he takes care and provides so why do I need all the answers? I'm with you friend! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete