Wednesday, January 19, 2011

...let it continue


So there it was...small in nature but packs a big punch. I'll give a small side note: I love notes, and because of this I love sending them, they make me happy to receive them, but also SO very much so to give them. It doesn't have to be much, just a small thank you to the people in your life that you are thankful for. It is a rarely used thing, and I'm on a mission to make that not so. Why shouldn't we tell the people that we care about how much we care about them. It's great to show them and all but sometimes you just can't show what you can say in words! Bring forth the note of today...it was in my mailbox just waiting for me, and I knew by the size that it had to be a note but I didn't want to get my hopes up. But there it was...a note from a friend. It didn't even need to say anything, it could have been blank and I still would have loved it, but it said a lot and I appreciated it sooo much!!! I appreciate the person who sent it, her life and journey and faith, I appreciate the time she took to do it (albeit maybe 5 minutes), and the underused snail mail!! In a world where all I get is books and bills in the mail, a "note day" is worthy of note!!! So a shout out to the person who sent the note, I LOVED it!

You are the salt of the earth

1 comment:

  1. Notes are the best. They fill you with a bubbling, child-like excitement and are so personal in a world of technological friendships. Notes are one of my many love languages and I am glad the feeling is mutual haha!

    ReplyDelete